Speaking of cover variants, it’s been a while since we’ve seen a Retailer Exclusive (RE) cover for any of the IDW TMNT releases. You may have seen my post a while back when I broke the news about the BrettsComicPile.com Leonardo RE cover by Matt Slay. Well, since today is the official release day, it’s time to reveal the details about this very special RE edition.
- Matt Slay and Brett (from BrettsComicPile.com) are both huge TMNT fans and partnered on this edition. Brett is the retailer sponsoring the edition and Matt donated the use of the cover image (but gets a commission for each sketched cover he does).
- The cover stock for the book is extremely nice (similar to Vellum) and can take pencil and black ink very well…perfect for sketching and for Matt’s watercolor.
- Every book sold (CGC SS excepted) will ship in 4 mil Mylar sleeves with 42 pt boards for superior protection (and this is already included in the price).
- Each book sold will ship with a full color Certificate of Authenticity (COA).
- Here’s how these are going to be released for sale to the public, along with the quantity of each edition that will be available…
- 100 copies – Matt Slay “Artist Proof” edition (available only via the Collector’s Society Message Boards; options and prices vary)
- 50 copies – Matt Slay hand-drawn edition (available only via eBay listing – $49.95)…once these 50 copies near sell-out then the following two editions will go on sale concurrently
- 99 copies – GOLD ink signed & numbered edition (available only via eBay listing – $19.95)
- 250 copies – SILVER ink signed edition (available only via BrettsComicPile.com – $10)